Follow revasrags2roses

Feathers, Turbans and Knots Oh My !


This year definitely seems to be the year of the maxi dress, skirt and ultra long, wide leg pants. Since I have always had a closet full of long skirts, i am really enjoying trying new, fun ways to wear them.
One of my favorites and easiest ways to freshen up an old gypsy skirt is to knot it. Even double knots are fun. I am in the process of chopping some bohemian cotton ones to be short in the front and long in the back, thus making fun shoes or boots seen and not just heard :)
I still need to learn to measure twice, cut once ;)


And don't get me started on the turbans and scarves and feathers...
Love, love, love em' !
and a big thanks to the beautiful Sacramento :)
( I like it better, too ! )
xXx
Reva

ATTIRE: SKIRT: VERY OLD 80'S /CROPPED SWEATER: OLD (SEARS?)
                TOPS: TANKS/SEARS, DILLARDS
               GREEN SANDALS: TARGET (2 YRS) / ANKLE CHAINS: BLACK MKT. MINERALS
                FEATHER EARRINGS: RUE 21 / SCARF: KROGER
                SUNNIES: VINTAGE / CLUTCH, OLD NAVY,THRIFTED

10 comments:

A Thrifty Mrs said...

Love the turban.

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

And I too love, love, love the turban and earrings!!!! If I win the lottery I will get you on a plane here pronto so you can teach me the art of the turban - you rock it like no-one else. And hey Reva - nice rack;))!!! xoxoxo

Vix said...

That turban is just so gorgeous and suits you beautifully. Those feather earrings are divine.
I'm with you on the measure twice and cut once bit, how many times have I ruined something in my enthusiasm to create something? x

Anonymous said...

I really like how you tie the knot in the front of your skirt. Its goingg to be the new trend because of you, I know Im going to try this but I have to go buy a long skirt now.
I cant wait for you to show us how you are going to make those skirts

Bonnie said...

Oh, I love the turban but I think I'm most in love with your skirt! Great pictures!

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

This whole look is cool, sexy, and stylish! It is great and the turban looks amazing...great job!!

mispapelicos said...

You look so cool, relax and pretty.
You blog letters are so spot on, my dear Reva, thank you a lot.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Unknown said...

You do the best sit down poses and pics, I must say!
I have a turban on right now. We have been on the same hair-wavelength--lately! Paula

Anonymous said...

We need a vlog on how to tie the turban. I keep meaning to try the knotted skirt trick.

The Style Crone said...

Great turban! You did a beautiful job of wrapping.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin