Follow revasrags2roses

Simple Black and Bubbles


I am sitting here at my computer watching one of my newest favorite shows about photography, Double Exposure, selectively omitting the seemingly self-centered dude on the show. I have really been appreciating what goes into a great photograph lately.I applaud all the gals out there who are using a tri-pod, a 10 second timer and the ability to sprint while wearing high heels! The lighting, the posing, and the background noise all add up to create the magic of a good shot. Lately I have been stepping back and working on my basics. Giving my good camera a break while working on seeing what creates a nice shot vs. the technical aspects surrounding my images.I found the perfect spot in our front yard to play with lighting. I had gotten to a point where I was so consumed with "image quality" and all the bells and whistles ,that I was loosing the joy of creating a fun atmosphere to pop off nice outfit shots. I was getting too "busy" and losing the reason I started to do a fashion blog in the first place! For Fun! The high pixel counts and the "correct'" apperature (spell-checker is messing with my head) settings were sucking the joy right out of my blogging. I enjoy playing with sunsets, getting silly and creating just for the sake of creating. Sometimes blurry is good! Many of you know my ambition is to be a photographer by the age of 50. Thus the loads of shots. I really enjoy trying new stuff and taking risks. Gosh, I'd better get on the ball ;)
My dress is another Dot's clearance buy! I like the simplicity on top, while having a bubble bottom.
I liked pairing it with some "cfm" heels ;) Surprise ! I normally would have passed by this purse pre-blog era, but for 2 bucks , it is a good investment.
This may be a blatant rip-off, but I have always loved the idea of tagging the items on the photo ;)
 
I also found some of the most awesome images at Discoveringdhaka.wordpress.com, and Theparkerplace.org, some of which are available for sale to generate funding.
This printed dress and this head wrap are awesome!
This beautiful girl wants to be a model when she grows up.
I was looking for images of women carrying things, as I am a widget nut and came across these.
I do like my widgets ;)

5 comments:

Kathryn from Schoolmarm Style said...

I love this outfit on you, and now I totally need to give myself a pedicure- my toes are UGLY compared to yours.

JordanMayTwigs said...

What are you talking about??
YOU ARE A PHOTOGRAPHER!!!
DERF.
Silly.

I am REALLLY digging on that purse.
I've been trying to find a little wicker bag like that.
You'd think in a beach town that would be easy to find??
WRONG!!!

xx
JordanMayTwigs.
<3

www.jordanmaytwigs.blogspot.com

Vix said...

Don't you look a proper grown-up lady in that fabulous number, Reva? The bubble skirt on the frock keeps it all fun and funky but those patent shoes and floppy hat are gloriously sexy and sophisticated and the bag is smashing.
Love the beautiful tribal women, such gracefulness and bearing. xxx

Marie McGrath (The Joy of Fashion) said...

Aaawww, you look so cute in this outfit Reva!! I love this dress on you, and the hat is absolutely fabulous!

www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

Sea Bird said...

I love this dress! I've seen your outfits on weardrobe a bunch, but I'm fairly new to your blog. You rock. I love it.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin