Follow revasrags2roses

WHITE TIGHTS FOR GROWN-UPS !

When I saw my first WHITE TIGHT on Weardrobe, I thought, "OH NO."  "YUCK".  Then I saw more mature women wearing them and rocking them. So, who am I to stray from a challenge! Steel Ovaries and all!

FROM THIS.....

TO THIS????


OK! HERE I GO!


BOUGHT A PAIR OF THICK, PATTERNED ONES.
THE SHEER REMIND ME OF A SCHOOL GIRL.
(Where I used to work, I sold tons during Back-to-School week.)


NOT BAD. KINDA LIKE THERMALS WITH FEET. I WEAR THOSE HIKING WITH SHORTS ALL THE TIME.


DECIDED TO KEEP EVERYTHING NEUTRAL.
AND NOT TOO FOO-FOO!


THIS THRIFTED SHIRT-DRESS ORIGINALLY FROM J.CREW, SEEMED "GROWN UP". IT HAS A FAUX SLIP UNDERNEATH, WHICH EVENTUALLY HAD TO GO!


SO FAR, SO GOOD.


A WORN, THRIFTED BELT AND GREY VEST.


TALL BROWN BOOTS AND TAN KNEE-SOCKS FOR BALANCE. NOT QUITE READY TO BE FULL-ON WHITE LEG!


MY FAVORITE COPPER PENDANT WITH 3-TONED DANGLE EARRINGS AND A GREY BERET.



ADDED A LONG GREY VEST AND BELTED IT.
(The sun is a bad idea for a neutral photo!)


OH YEAH, MY NEWEST THRIFTED BAG. THE LONG STRAP WAS EVEN STILL THERE!
(I think it's from the 70's)


THE END RESULT!


( I unbelted the vest. It felt better that way, since the dress was wrinkling easily!)



YEP, DEFINITELY UNBELTED!



SUNNY PONDERING.


A WELL-DONE EXPERIMENT! I'M SATISFIED. NEXT TIME, MAYBE WHITE TIGHTS WITH ALL BLACK, OR ALL KHAKI. I STILL FEEL LIKE A GROWN-UP. DARN! ;)

*TIGHTS: k-mart, $5.99
<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/1461729/revasrags2roses?

3 comments:

Angelia Vernon Menchan said...

Lady,
the look works for me~ work IT!

Wild as a Mink said...

Very creative style! You do the layered look so well. I love the gray vest belted but I also know all too well how uncomfy this can be after about 5min. But rest assured it looks good w/the vest unbelted too.

Anonymous said...

I've taken an interest in white tights but could not figure out a way to wear them that doesn't seem childish. Your outfit is perfect inspiration; I think I may just buy a pair.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin