Follow revasrags2roses

SIMPLE IMPACT / Winterizing Summer Skirts and Other Lessons Learned


I HAVE LEARNED SO MUCH ABOUT HOW TO WEAR COLORS THAT I WOULDN'T HAVE THOUGHT OF, FROM MY FELLOW FASHION BLOGGERS. MY IDEA BOOK KEEPS GROWING AS I SEE SO MANY SIMPLE, BUT COOL COLOR COMBOS AND NEW WAYS TO WEAR THINGS THAT WERE EARMARKED FOR GOODWILL. I WISH I COULD WEAR EACH AND EVERY NEW LOOK I SEE !  USUALLY THE MOST SIMPLE COMBOS MAKE THE BIGGEST IMPACT ON ME.


I have worn this summer skirt more this winter than I ever wore it during the summer!




As I love skirts so much, the trend of floral summery ones with winterized details has been my fashion passion this winter.


I have pulled out my "summer" bags to carry throughout winter, too.




Gray as a neutral . Who knew?!


Forrest green tights and a scarf seemed to give me a "grounded" feeling. (Thanks for the scarf, Mom!)
And no more matchey-matchey belt / shoe combos.
How freeing!!!



Ready for my close-ups!
I keep wondering why I don't have any Pencil skirts. Now as I am looking at this photo, it's because of my body shape. It's all about proportions. I have a narrow hip / small butt and my waist is thick- kinda like a boy's shape. I always wore men's jeans, too! When I try out pencils, the butt is saggy and the waist is too tight. That's why I never buy them! Ah-Ha!!!


My burgundy suede shoes (only $20.00) at Sears.

THE MOST EYE-CATCHING OUTFITS SEEM TO BE THE ONES THAT ARE SIMPLE AND MADE OF ONE PART IMAGINATION, ONE PART RE-WORKING WHAT YOU ALREADY HAVE, BUT IN A FRESH, NEW WAY. (Although, they are really both coming  from imagination....)
ANYHOO,
HERE'S A PHOTO FROM backalleyfashion.blogspot.com THAT ROCKED MY WORLD !!!


Isn't this the most beautiful woman ever!!!
She reminds me of my Mother-In-Law!

MY OUTFIT:
* Sweater: TJ Maxx
* Scarf: my Mom
* Belt: Old Navy
* Tights: Hue
* Shoes: Westies, Sears
* Bag: TJ Maxx
* Skirt: thrifted, originally Rue 21

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin