Follow revasrags2roses

DOUBLE TROUBLE ! / My Outfit plus trying out new photo techniques.


I'M PLAYING WITH THE NEWEST FUN MIX-AND MATCH LOOK. STRIPED TOPS WITH FLORAL SKIRTS, As well as trying out taking better shots with my "good" camera -- a Canon Rebel xsi .

I have gotten so used to using my Kodak Easyshare that switching to my "pro" camera seemed overwhelming. The darn thing does everything but cook for me, yet my outfit shots were sub-par and I couldn''t figure out why!
They were either too dark, or too over-exposed. I am practicing while using the tips from Kasmira,whatiwore2day.blogspot.com and am getting better. I do recommend a class on DSLR usage, but her tips are already making a big difference ! I am a bit impatient, but it's true, you really don't need alot of fancy equipment to get a clear, crisp indoor shot !

I've spoken with 2 different Canon reps. also. #1: An external flash kit or lots of direct daytime light.
#2 Rep: Widen my apperature setting.
So I will keep experimenting til I find a setting that works for me! Each blogger seems to find her own style and I will keep trying out different techniques til I find what works best for me! Anyhoo...............

BACK TO MY OUTFIT :


The combo.



A striped boat-neck sweater from Liz Claibourne with a Floral Skirt from K-mart clearance rack.
I wore black tights and shoes to ground the look, plus a black scarf tied in back, as not to detract from the neckline of the sweater.




A little pair of Merona black shoes.


My color balance is off. Too much yellow !



Adjusted the White balance UP.


More natural, but too bright .



Another adjustment. More yellow !



No flash at all . Too dark!
I was using four 100 watt bulbs over-head, One to the left, and a Craftsman work light to the right on High !


AND BACK TO THE OUTFIT!
I wore my Grandmother's Necklace for a touch of Vintage.
The close-ups look great !
Oh Well, I will keep adjusting the camera til I get it right !


THIS WAS THE CLOSEST NATURAL SHOT W/O FLASH.
1600 ISO / WIDEST APP. / MOST WHITE BALANCE.
(12.2 megapixels)
( It seems to take ALOT of light for a good night shot )


My inspirations:


AND :


Plus many of my outfit inspirations come from my fellow bloggers !

WHAT I LEARNED ? 
1. I need a lesson in dslr camera techniques or..
2. More patience !
3. Striped tops look great with Floral skirts!

No comments:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin